Wednesday 16 February 2011

but what would I know

Us gag cartoonists often moan about the mystery behind the decision making minds of the magazine cartoon editors- why can't they recognise the genius behind this joke!?
Well- I sometimes think this anyway- I probably shouldn't speak for all the other cartooners.
But then, I can be a terrible editor too. Often I only throw in a cartoon to make up the numbers in a batch of gags- just to make it look less threadbare. And then I find that space filler is accepted, while all the brilliant award winning stuff (in my opinion) goes in the bin.
This is what happened with this one, which found its way into the latest Private Eye- it was a last minute scribble at about midnight. Hmmm...maybe I should do more nocturnal doodlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment