Sunday 20 December 2009

..it stood on hen's legs and walked about the yard...

I think it was about this time last year that BBC7 broadcast some readings of Arthur Ransome's ‘Old Peter's Russian Tales’.
A late afternoon walk in the woods yesterday in this snowy weather brought them back to me- in particular the tale of the witch Baba Yaga.
The description of her "little hut which stands on hen's legs" stuck in my mind. With not much else to do I've scribbled up this quick sketch of it-


Might return to the subject one day and do it properly.

No cartoon with punchline this time- sorry. I’ve had a bit of a humour bypass recently, and haven’t thought of many gags for ages. I’ll go out later and watch people fall over on the ice- that’s always good for a laugh- as long as it’s not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment