Thursday 18 October 2012

Rowley Birkin QC

Once upon a time I used to walk the earth- “you know, like Caine in Kung Fu- walk from place to place, meet people, get in adventures."
Ahh- fond memories of being tear gassed near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem- and a friendly local pressing half an onion in my face as a way of counteracting the effects.
 
Then there was that time- stumbling lost through the jungles of Goa at 3am after an illegal rave, and finding ourselves being followed by a pack of wild dogs (we don’t talk about that short cut).
 
Oh, and what about the bus I was riding that blew up in the middle of the Sinai desert? Complicated story- the then girlfriend’s father’s accountant’s Egyptian brother in law helped us out- he was an architect I recall-  he reckoned whoever did the pyramids was overrated.
Cairo!
 
I was young then.
Nowadays I don’t venture very far- unless it’s civilised (be seeing you again soon, Stockholm!)
Maybe I should see a bit more of my own country- I hardly ever leave the Thames Valley- I’ve heard that some parts up north can be quite picturesque…
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Off the topic of the post, but on the topic of the title, you ever seen this? Some of the most touching acting I've ever seen ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQ9KLrC4Us

    ReplyDelete