Friday 6 May 2011

Giles Wemmbley-Hogg

Here's the other cartoon I have in the Reader's Digest- don't even try to compete with my cartoon gag writing genius with this one- leave it ahht, you plum!





Many years ago I wandered about a few countries. I was one of those annoying people who, when asked what interests they had, would say stuff like, “yah, well, y’know, I’m a ‘traveller’- I’m into travelling.”
Pff!
Yeah- going on holiday- who doesn’t like doing that?
Eventually I realised it was all about one-upmanship, and how your journey to ‘The Beach’ had to be that bit more complicated and uncomfortable than your fellow traveller. Thankfully I came to my senses, and would still travel to ‘The Beach’, but I’d take a direct flight from Gatwick and rent a nice hotel room. I’d mix with Flossie and Charles from Marlborough ('yah, like, we've got this reeeely cool cheap hut to live in- it's in the middle of the garbage dump-just 3 rupees per week'), and be amazed at how they’d argue with the locals over the equivalent of 5 pence for their freshly cooked fish curry.
Oh, and the trendy parents dragging their poor infants about.. see above

No comments:

Post a Comment